• Rockfon ceiling tiles have a core of stone wool that is non- combustible with a melting temperature of 1000 ̊C
• Reaction to fire is Class A1 (EN 13501-1 and 2) – highest possible class.
Humidity Resistance & Dimensions
• Dimensionally stable at RH level
of 100% to 40 ̊C Classified in accor-dance to Class 1/C/ON (EN13964). No acclimatisation required Can be installed before windows are in place.
• White, 86% Medicare, 85% Medicare Ultra accordance with ISO
• The core of a Rockfon tile is made up 100% Diabase Volcanic Rock and as such provides no nutritional value or sustenance to micro organisms such as:
1. Staphylococcus aureus
3. Pseydomouas aeruginosa
4. Candida albicans
Clean Room Classification
• MediCare Tiles are classified as Class 5 in accordance with ISO 14644-1
• All surfaces can be vacuum cleaned daily with a soft brush attachment.
• All surfaces can be cleaned once per week with a sponge, cloth or foam to a max temp of 40 ̊C .
• MediCare Ultra can be high pressure cleaned weekly at 65 bar.
• Rockfon has been awarded the Danish Indoor Climate Label M1 certificate.
• Full lifecycle costing and analysis are available.
• Rockfon can be fully recycled in Perth Western Australia.
Hospitals consist of many different spaces, each with their own unique requirements. These spaces demand excellent performance in the areas of acoustics, fire, maintenance and most importantly resistance to the spread of micro organisms. Rockfon MediCare is perfectly suited for use in the diverse areas of healthcare as it provides a variety of tiles within the range suited to each particular purpose whilst maintaining the same surface texture and appearance. The core of a Rockfon tile is made from 100% Diabase rock that is produced from volcanic and tectonic activity.
This Inorganic Stone wool core provides:
• A healthly indoor climate that does not emit dangerous susbstances or promote microbial growth.
• Enhanced ceiling accoustics via Absorption Class A performance. Lowering sound pressure levels. Optimising reverberation times. Optimising speech intelligibility. Increasing sound insulation.
• A non combustible material with a melting point of 1000 ̊C
• Humidity resistance that prevents unsightly bending and distortion
• Ease of cleaning and therefore improved hygiene
• Thermal insulation with an lambda value of 35mW/mK
• A wide variety of sizes and edge detail—enhancing creativity
• Longevity of the ceiling from a core structure that will not change over time
• A High performance, light weight tile that is fully recyclable in Australia.
• Sound Absorption has been measured in accordance with ISO 354.
• NRC of 0.90 (ASTM C423),αw of 0.90 (ISO 11654)
• Absorption Class A