Aged Care facilities need not include Tactile Indicators on stairways, escalators, travelators and/or ramps, as long as handrails incorporate a raised dome button in accordance with AS1428.
Ground tactile indicators can cause problems for users of walking frames and wheelchairs. As a result Aged Care facilities are exempt from using TGSIs under the NCC if raised dome buttons are used on handrails. CTA manufactures DiamondGrip® Handrail domes which incorporate a Braille message and are available as a combination set, advising blind or partially sighted pedestrians they are approaching a stair or ramp from either an upwardly or downwardly direction.
A peel and stick backing makes installation and compliance with the codes extremely easy to achieve.
- Meets the requirements of AS1428.1
- Low profile design to ensure they do not pose a safety risk
- Peels and Stick install
- Manufactured from a single piece of 316 marine grade stainless steel
- Durable, long-lasting
- Match the style of most hand rail applications
- Are highly functional, providing enhanced awareness i.e direction of travel.