RS7 ClearVision Security Shutters combine strength, throughvision and flow of light. They are suitable for most commercial applications including shopping centre shopfronts, counter and bar tops, food service areas, entrances and doorways, retail stores, shopping arcades, clubs, reception areas.
The ClearVision shutter can span any opening size up to 5.5m wide in one section if motorised, or up to 3.4m wide (limited to 10m2) if manually operated. Unlimited spans can be achieved by use of fixed or removable mullions. For advice on achievable shutter sizes or technical data please contact a sales representative.
- THE CURTAIN is constructed of clear polycarbonate extruded slats 100mm tall (87mm view coverage). These interlocked with extruded aluminium joining slats with a coverage of 30mm high, forming a continuous hinge. The ends of these aluminium slats are fitted with nylonmoulded end clips, which are secured to the slats with rivets. These clips lock the curtain into the guide channels, prevent sideways movement of the polycarbonate slats and enable smooth operation of shutter curtain. The curtain may be installed with the roll in standard or in reversed
- VENTILATION can be punched into the polycarbonate slats for airflow purposes. Slots are 150mm wide x 30mm high @ 50mm spacing. Polycarbonate slats can be substituted with aluminium infill, which can have ventilation slots if required.
- SIDE GUIDES are extruded aluminium, 54mm x 32mm (bracket installation) or 76mm x 32mm (pelmet box installation). Side guides have a false back for hiding fixings, and come standard with a felt buffer.
- LOCKING is achieved via a two way mortice key lock mounted in the centre of the bottom rail or mid-rail, which slides a shootbolt into both guide channels. The Bottom Rail is an 85mm x 17mm extruded aluminium section with secure cover. It is fitted with an aluminium Up Stop Foot (64mm deep). The locking rail can also be used as a Mid Rail at any height for extra strength or easier access for locking. Motorised doors are
not fitted with locks.
- MULLIONS consist of a two-piece extrusion for both straight openings or any angle. Mullions can be removable with shoot bolts at the base. Angled mullions can be used when two doors meet at an angle, (adequate headroom required)
- ROLLER DRUMS – There are three types available:
1. Bracket Installation, Manual Operation: – Manufactured from Ø229mm seam lock steel tube, or
2. Bracket Installation, Electric Operation: – Manufactured from Ø229mm spiral welded steel tube, or
3. Pelmet Box Installation: – Manufactured from Ø70mm steel tube with 130mm collar inserts.
For bracket installation, the 229mm tube above is attached to circular end caps with fully enclosed ball bearings which rotate around a 34.8mm
steel axle. Helical coil springs are fixed between the axle and roller drum to counterbalance the curtain weight throughout its full operation.
- OPERATION – Manual operation with counterbalance helical springs, pull pole provided to assist lifting and closing with flush pull handles, or Motorised operation with 240V electric actuators, either Centris side-mounted motor for Bracket Installation, or internal dead-lift tube motor for Pelmet Box Installation. Activation of motorised shutters is by standard key switch, with options for push button controller, remote control or Battery Backup (UPS). Centris motors are fitted with safety brake, and de-clutching cable to allow manual operation during power outages (emergency use only).
- FINISH – All aluminium components are clear anodised (as standard) or powder coated to Dulux Powder Coat Colour Range.
Click here to download the brochure.
Visit Trellis Doors website for more information.